The VSA-31-IP is an add-on module for the Switch-Cat™ A/V Systems. The new IP module allows monitoring and control of one to multiple Switch-Cat™ installations via IP across the customers internal network.
The VSA-31-IP is simply inserted in the RS-232 control signal path from the A/V system to the display (LCD or Projector). It is port-powered (via the VSA-31 Receiver), therefore no additional power supplies are required.
The package contains two elements: The IP Module and the GUI Software.
The IP Module connects to the local network through a standard network cable. The GUI Software is a standalone software program that can be installed onto any computer on the local network that allows asset management, monitoring and control of multiple installations.
The user can view and control various settings on all installed devices such as:
- Display Device Properties - the software stores descriptive fields about each display device (LCD or projector) such as its make and model and serial number.
- Device Location - can organize devices into location hierarchy, such as "Building" and "Room Number."
- Device Status - polls devices for the current power state and projector lamp hours.
- Alarm - sends notification e-mail to the administrator for events such as a device disconnection (theft prevention).
- Broadcast events - sends out events to multiple devices at one time such as "Turn all on," or "Turn all off."
- Scheduling - has the ability to schedule events to turn all devices on or off, or to send out a specific pre-set command.
- Control of the user interface: The GUI gives the remote user virtual access to all aspects of the A/V switching system such as: video source selection for display, volume level adjustment, and more.